PRACTICE AREA CHAIR: Christopher W. Peer
Our Business Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights team is equipped to assist small to mid-sized businesses, secured lenders, committees, vendors, creditors, court appointed trustees and receivers, and individuals with issues that relate to financial distress, including chapter 11 bankruptcy. We work with all parties to distressed situations to creatively develop the best strategy to serve their respective needs through clear, common sense advice and guidance without compromising our client’s best interests.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Creditors’ Committees in Bankruptcy
- Corporate Restructuring and Workout
- Distressed Asset Sales and Purchases
- Creditor Strategies
- Troubled Customer Assistance and Strategies
- Commercial Foreclosures
- Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors
- Fiduciary Duty Strategies and Consulting
- Lien Enforcement
PRACTICE AREA CHAIR
GET TO KNOW US
- Members of our team have been involved in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, whether representing the debtor or the creditors’ committee, across the United States, including Ohio, Hawaii, Minnesota, Michigan, Delaware, and Florida, in addition to multiple out-of-court restructuring in numerous other states.
- In 2016, we received the Turnaround/Transaction of the Year award from the Turnaround Management Association (Ohio Chapter) for our role as Committee counsel in the successful restructuring of Quaker Steak & Lube restaurants.
- In 2017, we successfully reorganized CBK Futures, Inc., a Burger King® franchisee with 10 locations, through a Section 363 sale to Toms King (Ohio II), LLC.
- We represent Grover Musical Products as a committee member of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Gibson Brands, Inc. Chapter 11 cases (long live the Les Paul).
OUR SATISFIED CLIENTS
They make my business life easier and help me sleep at night. Sure, they put out fires and solve problems but they're also proactive and provide the guidance I need.
An Avon, Ohio-based leader in innovative food packaging solutions.
WHP embraces the practice of law as it relates to their clients in the same manner we embrace finance and accounting as it relates to ours. They take a client-centered approach and a team-based approach where collaboration is at the heart of everything.
CEO / Partner
A large Cleveland-based Accounting firm.
A major strength of the firm is their people. They are very charismatic and relatable – a great group to work with!
A wealth management, tax and estate planning firm in Ohio and Florida.
Wickens Herzer Panza has been our ‘go-to’ legal team for many years. In my opinion, they are extremely professional and effective but also very personable and empathetic. Our company has benefited greatly from this relationship.
David E. Sustar
VP of Finance
An excavating company based in Oberlin, Ohio.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Our team of attorneys and paralegals understands what it means to be a trusted advisor. Sure, we provide legal counsel but we do so much more. We provide a business partnership, support, advice and protection to our clients who become our family. Get to know us better and decide for yourself.