Our Real Estate and Construction team provides dependable counsel to real estate developers and the construction industry, whether in the negotiation of agreements, managing risk during the construction or development process, or enforcing claims and disputes related to commercial, public, or residential properties. Our lawyers represent developers and builders, buyers and sellers, contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers, landlords and tenants, real estate investment trusts, and individual investors, as well as brokers, lenders, sureties, insurers, and business owners.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Board of Revision/Real Estate Tax Appeals
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Condominium Developments and Disputes
- Construction Claims and Change Order Management
- Construction Contracts
- Construction Financing
- Construction Litigation
- Delay and Acceleration Claims
- Design and Construction Defects
- Due Diligence and Survey Analysis
- Easement Agreements
- Land Use and Zoning
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Lease Agreements
- Mechanic’s Liens and Bond Claims
- Purchase Agreements
- Real Estate Disputes
- Risk Management
- Standard Form (e.g., AIA) Contract Preparation and Review
- Title Insurance
Get to know us
- Our team has negotiated construction contracts for projects as typical as schools, retail and office buildings, and as unusual as the pavilion for the Euclid Beach Carousel in University Circle and a stamping plant built to manufacture parts for military vehicles.
- Our construction lawyers successfully defended against the secured claims of several sub-trades and vendors on a large public project totaling several millions of dollars after the owner refused payment, resulting ultimately in workable resolutions with both the owner and the lower tier contractors.
- Our firm has effectively represented clients in various commercial real estate sales and acquisitions ranging from multi-tenant apartment buildings to mobile home parks to industrial properties.
- Brian W. Bonham, Esq. can be found in the Moeller High School Athletic Hall of Fame (Class of 1989) for Soccer and still holds the single season record for most goals and total points and second all-time in goals.
OUR SATISFIED CLIENTS
They make my business life easier and help me sleep at night. Sure, they put out fires and solve problems but they're also proactive and provide the guidance I need.
An Avon, Ohio-based leader in innovative food packaging solutions.
WHP embraces the practice of law as it relates to their clients in the same manner we embrace finance and accounting as it relates to ours. They take a client-centered approach and a team-based approach where collaboration is at the heart of everything.
CEO / Partner
A large Cleveland-based Accounting firm.
A major strength of the firm is their people. They are very charismatic and relatable – a great group to work with!
A wealth management, tax and estate planning firm in Ohio and Florida.
Wickens Herzer Panza has been our ‘go-to’ legal team for many years. In my opinion, they are extremely professional and effective but also very personable and empathetic. Our company has benefited greatly from this relationship.
David E. Sustar
VP of Finance
An excavating company based in Oberlin, Ohio.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Our team of attorneys and paralegals understands what it means to be a trusted advisor. Sure, we provide legal counsel but we do so much more. We provide a business partnership, support, advice and protection to our clients who become our family. Get to know us better and decide for yourself.