Our Trust, Estate, & Probate Litigation practice team counsels clients on all aspects of trust, estate, and probate disputes, including investigating potential claims, evaluating the merits of bringing a claim or defending a claim, and litigating a claim through trial or settlement. Our Team possesses considerable experience and a comprehensive appreciation of the spectrum of issues concerning contested estates, trust and probate disputes, and other fiduciary-related litigation. Our Team takes pride in our ability to understand the client’s perspective, to formulate goals guided by that perspective, and to evaluate and resolve complex problems on behalf of beneficiaries and fiduciaries in contested matters.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Trust, estate, and probate disputes
- Representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in mismanagement of asset and breach of trust matters
- Representation of parties in farm inheritance disputes and related family partnership disputes
- Will contests
- Contested guardianships
- Removal of trustees, executors, and other fiduciaries
- Claims of undue influence, lack of capacity, and incompetence
- Concealment of asset actions
- Investigation or defense of power-of-attorney abuse and related claims
- Investigation and prosecution of elder abuse and financial exploitation claims
GET TO KNOW US
- Our law firm has been named a Tier 1 Metropolitan “Best Law Firm” in Litigation – Trusts & Estates by U.S. News – Best Lawyers in 2019.
- Our Trust, Estate, & Probate Litigation team has successfully handled cases for a wide range of clients, including trustees, beneficiaries, executors, administrators, and other fiduciaries, as well as sureties and family limited partnerships.
- We utilize our knowledge and expertise to advise both individual and corporate fiduciaries who are involved with will and trust contests, accounting actions, and other fiduciary-related litigation.
- We represent clients in trust, estate, and probate dispute matters, including enforcement or defense of fiduciary or beneficiary rights, charitable and exempt organization litigation, and reformation suits, among other actions.
- Our Team pairs the technical knowledge of our trust and estate practitioners with seasoned litigators to provide intelligent and attentive counsel and effective results.
- Farrell WV, Alverson MA. “The Intersection of Testamentary Capacity and Undue Influence.” July 14, 2020.
- Farrell WV, Alverson MA. “Testimonial Privilege When the Competency of a Deceased Client is Placed at Issue.” July 14, 2020.
- Farrell WV, Alverson MA. “Abrogating Dueck v. The Clifton Colony Club: The Attorney-Client Privilege Revisited.” July 14, 2020.
- Farrell WV, Alverson MA. “Estate Planning Series – Undue Influence. Part 1: What is Undue Influence – and How Much is too Much?” April 14, 2021.
OUR SATISFIED CLIENTS
They make my business life easier and help me sleep at night. Sure, they put out fires and solve problems but they're also proactive and provide the guidance I need.
An Avon, Ohio-based leader in innovative food packaging solutions.
WHP embraces the practice of law as it relates to their clients in the same manner we embrace finance and accounting as it relates to ours. They take a client-centered approach and a team-based approach where collaboration is at the heart of everything.
CEO / Partner
A large Cleveland-based Accounting firm.
A major strength of the firm is their people. They are very charismatic and relatable – a great group to work with!
A wealth management, tax and estate planning firm in Ohio and Florida.
Wickens Herzer Panza has been our ‘go-to’ legal team for many years. In my opinion, they are extremely professional and effective but also very personable and empathetic. Our company has benefited greatly from this relationship.
David E. Sustar
VP of Finance
An excavating company based in Oberlin, Ohio.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Our team of attorneys and paralegals understands what it means to be a trusted advisor. Sure, we provide legal counsel but we do so much more. We provide a business partnership, support, advice and protection to our clients who become our family. Get to know us better and decide for yourself.