Ms. Barreto is a member of the Firm's Litigation and Real Estate departments and counsels homeowners, community associations, business owners, individuals, and for-profit and non-profit corporations in resolving real estate, contract, commercial, corporate governance, insurance, and employment disputes. She is one of 22 attorneys certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Residential Real Property Law.
Beginning her legal career at Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Ms. Barreto served low income individuals with consumer protection and housing issues and gained a solid foundation of courtroom experience early on. In private practice, she has advised condominium and homeowners associations on condominium and planned community law and handled complex civil litigation involving business and real estate disputes. From administrative hearings to federal court, Ms. Barreto handles smaller municipal court matters with the same force and eagerness as a complex appellate argument.
While being in court is always exhilarating, Ms. Barreto most enjoys client interaction and meeting her client's objective. She has been recognized as a SuperLawyers Ohio Rising Star from 2015-2018. Recently, in 2019, she was appointed to the Certified Grievance Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Members of this committee conduct confidential investigations of allegations of ethical misconduct by lawyers and file complaints with the Board of Professional Conduct of the Supreme Court of Ohio in cases where disciplinary action is warranted.
GET TO KNOW AMANDA
2009 - Salmon P. Chase College of Law (J.D.; National Trial Team Member)
2005 - Miami University (B.S., Business Administration; Mock Trial Team Member)
Certified Grievance Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (Member)
Ohio State Bar Association - Real Estate Section
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association - Women in the Law Section, Real Estate Section, Bar Admission Committee, 3Rs volunteer
Akron Bar Association
Medina County Board of Building Appeals (Board Member)
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Leadership Academy, Class of 2018-2019
Lorain County Bar Association
Community Association Institute
State of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Selected to the Super Lawyers© Ohio Rising Stars List (2015-2019)
OSBA Bar College (2016)
Kaleidoscope Magazine's "Cuarenta Cuarenta" Club (2013)
Ohio State Bar Association certified specialist in residential real property
- “Trayvon Martin: What Community Associations Can Take Away From The Tragic Case.” Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. October 2013. Amanda A. Barreto and Nicole D. Jira.
- “Marijuana: How Condominium Associations Can Regulate Its Legal Use.” Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. October 2014.
- “The AirBNB Trend: What Homeowners Need to Know.” Bar Journal of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. October 2016. Amanda A. Barreto and Valerie J. Gamertsfelder.
- Presenter: OSBA Real Estate Practice Seminar, “Residential Real Estate Financing,” 4/26/13, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Presenter: OSBA Real Estate Practice Seminar, “Residential Real Estate Financing,” 4/16/14, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Presenter: CMBA Cleveland Association of Paralegals, “Up In Smoke: How Marijuana Reform May Impact Real Estate Law,” 9/15/16, Cleveland, Ohio.
SEND US A MESSAGE
Our team of attorneys and paralegals understands what it means to be a trusted advisor. Sure, we provide legal counsel but we do so much more. We provide a business partnership, support, advice and protection to our clients who become our family. Get to know us better and decide for yourself.